Under the general direction of the Director, Information Technology and Knowledge Management, the IT Specialist provides technical support and advice to users/clients across multiple platforms and technologies in the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC). Additionally, the officer will administer of the organization’s information and data security policies and practices to ensure authorized users can readily access information and that the information is protected in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Technical/Professional Responsibilities
- Maintains and performs operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages;
- Plans and implements backup storage and protection for the organisation’s ICT landscape;
- Maintains initiatives to manage the accuracy and integrity of database information by:
- conducting regular audits to verify data quality and data completeness
- investigating and resolving inconsistencies found in data and reports
- ensuring regular cleanup of duplicate records, and inconsistent and unwanted data from the databases
- conducting regular back-ups of the database system;
- Manages day to day technical support to end users/clients;
- Investigates, diagnoses, resolves and recovers support requests
- Follows up the status of user problems on behalf of the user, and communicates progress in a timely manner.
- Manages the periodic maintenance of security systems and applications to ensure new threats are identified and managed and the security of the organisation’s assets are maintained;
- Implements and maintains processes for safeguarding physical security of computer & network facilities;
- Documents problem status and resolution in tracking log/system;
- Develops, reviews and maintains support documentation to restore services and reduce the impact of unplanned outages;
- Consults with users/clients to determine hardware, software, or system functionality issues;
- Assists in the deployment of new or upgraded software and hardware;
- Performs configuration changes, updates and upgrades, as directed;
- Performs repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications;
- Provides user access service and ongoing support of related ICT solutions;
- Provides technical support to meetings/events that include video and telephone conferencing;
- Monitors and communicates system status to internal management;
- Diagnoses and resolves user/client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues;
- Initiates and completes outcome investigations for problems;
- Explains service procedures to users/clients;
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members;
- Recommends procedures and controls for service improvements, as well as ideas for improving queue time, and first contact resolution;
- Conducts testing based on and related to user or system design specifications;
- Identifies user/client training needs based on common problems;
- Creates and submits documented resolution to knowledge base;
- Alerts related ICT team members about recurring problems;
- Communicates updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Develops Individual Work Plans based on alignment to the overall plan for the section;
- Maintains customer service principles, standards and measurements;
- Participates in meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences as required;
- Prepares reports and programme documents as required.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Contributes to and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the unit’s and organization’s goals;
- Assists with the preparation and conducts presentations on role of the unit for the Orientation and Onboarding programme.
- Performs all other related duties and functions as may be required from time to time.
- ICT support request investigated, diagnosed & resolved in accordance with established procedures agreed timeframes;
- Complex ICT issues/problems escalated in keeping with service level agreement and timeframes;
- ICT issues/problems documented analysed in keeping with agreed standards and timeframes;
- ICT platforms configured, updated & upgraded in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes;
- Information security risks are identified, analysed and resolved in accordance with established timeframes
- Technical advice and recommendations provided are sound and supported by qualitative/quantitative data;
- Individual work plans conform to established procedures and implemented accorded to establish rules;
- Reports are evidence-based and submitted in a timely manner;
- Confidentiality, integrity and professionalism displayed in the delivery of duties and interaction with staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Sound knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Good Knowledge of testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Sound knowledge in defining organisational information security requirements
- Ability to identify and analyse information security risks
- Sound knowledge of user access control system to prevent unauthorised access, modification, manipulation etc.
- Sound knowledge of Windows operating systems (Office 360)
- Strong diagnostic skills and a working knowledge of current technologies
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Security essentials
- Sound knowledge of computer hardware components
- Sound knowledge of common PC applications (particularly Microsoft productivity suite) particularly issues related to scalability and management with an enterprise-wide focus
- Good knowledge of standards and procedures in the installation, repair and maintenance of hardware
- Sound knowledge of current ICT trends
- Demonstrates sound personal and professional integrity, reflecting high ethical and moral values
- Advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project or other project tool
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree In Computer Science, ICT and Management Information Systems or a related discipline;
- Two (2) years related experience in an ICT Client Support/Service Desk environment.
Applications accompanied by detailed resumes should be sent by December 6, 2023 to:
Senior Director of Corporate Services
Attorney General’s Chambers
13 Hillcrest Avenue
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.